Friday, July 17, 2009

The big reveal for the week of July 13/09

Wow, the first four days of my vacation have just flown by. It's been a busy week, and even so it has certainly been restful. Friday is here and with it the big reveal. Clearly this was not a tough one as a number of you wrote to me to me with the correct answers, at least most of them.

I guess the combination of recognizable lyrics, the Woodstock reference and the answer in the question made things a little easier this week. I can't do really tough ones all the time now can I? The following people (and in this order) e-mailed me here with some of the correct answers: Chris W.(again), Gary D. and Debbie M. congratulations and let's see what you can do with next weeks quiz.

Here are your answers:

The name of the song: Summertime Blues
The writer of the song: Eddie Cochrane
Who sang it at Woodstock: The Who
What time was it sung at Woodstock: according to multiple sources, the Who started their set at 4:00 a.m. and they sang "See Me Feel Me" just as the sun was rising, so somewhere between 4:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. will do

Below is a video of the Who performing at Woodstock in 1969. The original festival at Max Yasgurs farm.


Have a great weekend. Whether it rains or shines doesn't matter, it's the weekend. We will be busy getting ready for 5 glorious days at the cottage (that's camp for your northerners) and doing more of resting, reading and relaxing. I hope that yours is a fun weekend. I really like the quote below as it expresses what was supposed to happen at Woodstock on a farmer's field.

Love is to the heart what summer is the the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul

1 comment:

Perry D. said...

truly I say unto you: there ain't no cure!