Friday, May 29, 2009

The big reveal for the week of May 25/09

Good morning music fans. I am completing this Thursday evening as I will be out of the office on Friday morning so I hope you enjoy your last day of work for this week. I received a few guesses this week and the brother of my beloved was the first to chime in with all the answers and he did so in a very creative way, using the answers as part of a sentence and they all became part of a paragraph. He even tried to imitate Horshack (otherwise known as Ron Palilo), at least that's what I think he was doing to try and get my attention. 

So here's to Paul K. my brother in law who is this weeks winner and he did it all the way from the coast of Brazil, that's where you are aren't you? Enough of the family reunion, that's happening on Paul's birthday in the summer, July 1st to be exact(check out the flag on the piano in the first video. 

Here are your answers:

The name of the song: Bus Rider
The writer of the song: Burton Cummings and Kurt Winter
The name of the band: The Guess Who
Who didn't play guitar: lots of people, but Randy Bachman didn't on this album as he left and the guitar work was done by Greg Leskiw and Kurt Winter

There you go, a wonderful Canadian band who I remember listening to way back in high school in the early 70's. There does not appear to be any live versions of the song Bus Rider online, so I will treat you to something else for you listening and watching pleasure. Do you remember where you were when you first heard these songs? Oh what memories they bring.




Have an awesome weekend. Spend some time "laughing" and "sharing the land" and spending time with family and friends. We are attending a Smyth reunion of sorts, should be sort of interesting :) at least I will have my little family to keep me sane and "normal" whatever that is.

"To make mistakes is human; to stumble is commonplace; to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity"  

No comments: