Friday, May 15, 2009

The big reveal for the week of May 11, 2009

Good morning music fans and welcome to the long weekend. How about those 'canes, I love it when a skating team and not a group of behemoths gets to play for the biggest prize in hockey. Back to music, if you read my previous post, you will know my memories from Lakeside Park and Rush and my days of yore in St. Catharines. Those were the days I could tell you stories, but I won't here.

I had several guessers this week, including one directly on the comments section from someone who found the blog looking for something else, pretty cool. Peter McM. and his sidekick Steve B. got all the answers corrects:

Here are the answers from this weeks trivia:

The singer: Don Henley
The writer: Bruce Hornsby
The name of the song: The end of the Innocence
The name of the band (trick question, I was asking for the band that the singer drums for): The Eagles

Here are three versions of the song by both Don Henley and Bruce Hornsby, enjoy. One even has an introduction from a Japanese broadcaster from the Grammys










Have an awesome weekend, I know I will. It's a long one and while I am not travelling to a cottage with millions of other Ontarians, I am travelling to my deck to plant my herb garden. That along with my beloved and some fine music and maybe a drop of Forty Creek every now and then will make for a great rest from the toils of the daily grind.

give a stranger one of your smiles, It might be the only sunshine they see all day

No comments: