Saturday, August 28, 2010

Recovery is slow, but greater things are yet to come

I am enjoying sitting and reading and of course listening.

I have just heard a song whose chorus says "greater things are yet to come" and I believe it. There is so much of a practical nature to accomplish and at the same time the depth of the loss gets deeper. The more I think about her , the more I miss her.

And now there will be more. It's hard to explain in this medium but more loss is expected and soon. It all makes total sense for those involved, but some of us will be left behind, thankfully not like the book series.

Recovery is slow but it is happening. So many things remind me of Ruth. Having her things reminds me, seeing her written instructions for a Rhubarb cake reminds me, looking at and dealing with the things in her purse reminds me. She too kept things for a long time.

Recovery means getting better and believing that greater things are yet to come, even in the midst of this great loss. I guess that greater things might even trump the great loss at some time. I have to believe that because being positive is so much better than being negative and being dragged down will not happen. Life will find a way and in the midst of more loss, joy will return, first ion memories, then in activities and then in greater laughter when reunions occur. Yes, recovery is slow, but greater things are yet to come.

No comments: