Friday, September 3, 2010

Been thinkin' about some things..............

Been thinking about the suffix "phobe" lately,

why is it that when someone, who apparently lives within an environment that poses to have free speech, says something about a person or group, is automatically handed the suffix "phobia"? Just because I disagree with the "ground zero mosque" does not make me an islamaphobe.

Just because I disagree with certain behaviours that are chosen by a group, does not make me homophobe or any other type of phobe, if such a word exists yet. Maybe now I have offended the librarians.

What's next, will I be called a "hawkingphobe" because I disagree with the man's position about God?

When did it become mandatory that we all have to agree on something never mind anything? In a society that seems dead set on allowing individuality, it is at the same time dead set against being told that anything is "wrong".

Been thinking about loss lately? I lost a close friend recently, I lost a great source of wisdom, a trusted confidante and beloved family member to the dreaded "c" cancer. It took her from me in so many ways. In the taking, it left me with incredible loss. There is a hole where the discussions should be and it is cavernous, bigger and deeper than the grand canyon or the mariana trench(the rift not the group). Few people have made the imprint on me like this loved one has.

Been thinking about how the actions of one person can have a cumulative affect on so many people. Little did he know when he took his biggest and most selfish action what kind of affect this would have on so many other people.

Kinda makes you want to go hmmmm doesn't it?

The next time I choose to do anything (even pressing "publish post" on this page) I just might have to think about who this might affect down the road. It's not like I am killing someone is it?

At least thinking about doesn't affect anyone, or does it? It still affects me and my thoughts are powerful, to paraphrase a great thinker, "if you have thought it in your mind then you have already acted it out".

Better think better, I think

No comments: