Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday Musings # 50

Happy Tuesday everyone

We've been on the road today since early a.m. My beloved had an appointment at Sunnybrook and with the lovely Toronto traffic, it took us almost 2.5 hrs to get from our home to the hospital, a distance of 124 kms. Talk about bad drivers. Don't get me started. I was so happy to get closer to home, however, when I flashed (my lights) at a driver to tell him he could pull in front of me from a two lane to a one lane and he proceeded to flip me the bird. I guess they're not all in Toronto, what a joke. I am going to rant today, why, because there is so much to rant about and there are so many issues that frustrate me right now.

I am so tired of listening to people not be happy for someone else when they (the someone else) has something to be happy for (a sudden windfall, a win of some kind, a blessing). I'm tired of selfishness and childish behaviour that comes from a lack of maturity. I am tired of egotistical people who focus on their own issues and have no place for the concerns of others. I'm tired of listening to Democrats and Republicans, Liberals and Conservatives and even Independents and NDP'ers slam each other and then go and perform the same "sins".

I would guess that most of these so called "leaders" of our society are primarily made of of rich people. They have no idea what it means to be in want. They have never likely been down to their last few dollars and had to decide between roof or food. They deem to determine what is best for us, because we were foolish enough to vote for them. Where is the integrity? Yesterday it was "e-health", today it is OLG (Ontario's Lottery ?) and now the government is going to investigate it's own. That's like having the mice guard the cheese.

We raise our kids and teach them the 10 Commandments, although they too are no longer politically correct, however that's a post for another Tuesday and we expect them to not steal. Yet on a daily basis we see members of our esteemed "upper class" pilfering the pockets of the public and what do they get, life time pensions at an annual rate that is more than most people make in several years.

Dr. John (the physician not the musician) often said at our coffee breaks, someday there will be a reckoning. There will be and maybe not in the near future, but someday all of us will have to account for all of our behaviours. Saying us makes me think about how I should be acting. It always comes to that, self responsibility and the willingness to look in the mirror, assess and then change what needs to be changed, hmm!

Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: