Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday Musing #53

Happy Tuesday everyone

Today is Bilbo and Frodo's birthday. If you don't know who they are, then feel free to wait for another post. I have been a huge fan of Tolkien and some of his works since the mid 70's when I was introduced to The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings. I was subsequently introduced to other works and now have gather three copies of the Silmarillion, and I have no idea why.

What strikes me about these two fine hobbits is their love for home and simple things. By the way, I do know that they are not real and that the stories were not written as allegorical. However, the great JRRT wrote these stories for a reason and I am trying to determine what reason they are there for me.

There is much to take from these stories that would benefit all of us. It's just like everything else, I have to decide what I will take from them, as in the words of Gandalf when he says, "so do many at these times, all we have to do is decide what to do with the time we've been given".

I have morte to say, but work beckons, I will wish you a happy Tuesday and a greater Happy Birthday to Bilbo and Frodo.

Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: