Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9 9 9

Today is the ninth day of the ninth month in 2009. September 9, 2009 has arrived. I am not much into numerology or most other kinds of "ologies" (except theology) but the three nines has a bit of a ring to it.

Will it change anything about my day? I doubt it! As I watch the early morning sun begin to stream across the sky I am encouraged by the red sky in the morning. I know there are lots of rhymes about red skies in the morning, in fact in the book of Matthew, Jesus is quoted as saying, "red sky in the morning means foul weather all day". I also prefer to hearken to the following: "do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself, each day has enough trouble of it's own". This was also spoke by Jesus after teaching the disciples how to pray.

So, today is 9 9 9. What does it mean? Take today, this hour, minute and even every second captive and be blessed by everything: the breath that you take as you read, the labour that you do to feed yourself and others, the beauty of sunshine and rain, the frustrations of life because they compare with the wonderful positive moments, the car requiring repairs because you have a car, the giving of pleasure, for is it not better to give than to receive?

I know that when the next 9 9 9 arrives, I will no longer reside on this planet, so today is a day that I will revel in the many blessings that I have been given, what about you?

No comments: