Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday Musings (#32)

Happy Tuesday everyone.

I wondered how busy I was and then I checked my schedule and I realize that I am too busy. And then, I received a rude awakening today. I was going through my schedule and I saw that my daughter had put an appointment in my scheduler so that I would spend time with her and watch a movie we both want to watch. How busy am I that I cannot "make" the time to watch a movie with my daughter, I'll say it again, too busy.

How embarrassing is that? I have been so busy with work, life, church and a multitude of other things that I have not completed a promise to her that I would watch this movie with her. What a terrible example of a parent I am.

I know that she will be mortified if she sees this post. Why? Because in no way does she ever mean to be mean or hurtful. She is such a gentle spirit that her life is driven to be nice. I doubt she has a mean bone in her body and I'm not just saying that because she is my baby girl. I have let her down, again. I have done so before. I need to review my life so that I do not dismiss her needs as a daughter.

Life is interesting. I get to the point where I think I have the world working in tune and a colossal note of discord that just doesn't sound right brings me back to reality. What reality, a simple one, take time with those I love and make them the priority of my life and ensure that I listen to and attend to their interests.

My daughter will forgive me and will enjoy the time watching the movie. I on the other hand will be a little more considerate of her, her mother and brother from now on. Unless of course I get too busy to do things with them also.

A happy Tuesday? You bet it is, whenever I can identify an area of my life that needs improvement it is a good day. I know I am not perfect, I know that I have much to learn and I know that my family loves me, supports me and more importantly forgives me and gives me another chance to be husband and daddy. I am blessed more than I know.

Happy Tuesday everyone 

No comments: