Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Musings (#30)

Good Tuesday morning to one and all. I can't believe that I have been musing for 30 weeks, actually I have been musing for a lot longer than that, I have just been blogging about musing for 30 weeks.

This blogging thing has been a real opportunity for me to get some things off my chest, so to speak. It's been a great cathartic experience for me. I often wonder what those of you who routinely read this think about my thoughts?

After coming through a weekend that was filled with almost every imaginable feeling and expression of feeling I am amazed at the human capacity to manage those feelings even when they are in conflict with each other. No other created being does this, I am sure, and there is no way to empirically prove that assertion, therefore I think I am correct.

To be able to feel anger, joy, happiness, sadness, love and even hate all inn the same being just makes me think of the awesome creations we are (yes I stand on the creation side of the coin, more on that in another post because to think or believe that I came from slime or a monkey is totally offensive to me).

This ability to have those and more emotions is awesome. To see a baby for the first time brings out such joy in me. I love babies, ask any of the young moms in our church. To see the wrongs in the human and natural world offends me and those who choose to take advantage of someone weaker than them makes me angry about their lack of sensitivity and the selfishness of that person. To watch someone like a Mother Teresa give her life to serve God by serving others inspires me to think more of others than myself.

In life, I hope that we are given the opportunity to experience most of these and more emotions. Without them we will be nothing but walking dead. What kind of world would that be with us walking around without any emotion. The joys and sadness that comes with life and death are part of this life we cannot get away from them. I must learn to cherish each emotion and express them so that I must learn that emotion is an outward expression of my heart and to know my heart is to know me.


Happy Tuesday Everyone

No comments: