Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tending the soul

I met with someone last week who helped me see through some of my grief and who also helped me to understand that I can permit myself to grieve. To be honest, I'm not even sure I know how to grieve. All I know is that I miss my friend/mentor/mother figure so much that it physically hurts. This comes at a time in my life that I am ostensibly out of physical pain and the emotional pain of loss is overtaking me.

My counsellor/friend suggested that maybe now is the time to "tend my soul". I really liked the wording, I think that's what he said and I would really like to do that, but, I don't know how. I read scripture more out of practice than interest, I admitted that I have great difficulty praying, to which he stated "ask others to pray for you".

How does one "tend the soul" though?

I think I have some learning to do and some planning. It's time to schedule some alone time and some time away with my beloved who may be suffering some collateral damage because of my grief experience. She too misses Ruth terrible and her death has shaken us.

Time heals, apparently.

No comments: