Wednesday, October 6, 2010

honesty, truth and friendship

For over two years I have been sharing time in the morning every Monday to Friday with some very dear friends. One of the friends has since passed and I have written often about my struggle with losing her. With her passing I didn't know what would happen with these conversations, now I call her husband every morning to share a little of what I have "discovered" from my daily bible reading adventures.

This morning out of all the verses that I read one little verse from the book of proverbs stood out. Proverbs chapter 24:26 states: "an honest answer is like a kiss of friendship". I shared it with my friend and the words, honesty, truth and friendship just stuck out.

Honesty, Truth and Friendship. Is there anything else that we could ask for? Does my life have definition based on them? Can we actually share those with anyone?

No comments: