Friday, October 29, 2010

Tending the soul part deux

I've been working with someone for the past few weeks who is trying to help me to "tend my soul". He is gentle and kind. He cares for me and he listens and doesn't judge me for my feelings about loss. Too many people want me to just "get over it" and my grief is making them uncomfortable. This drives me to guilt, because I am now feeling responsible for the discomfort of others due to my grieving.

What a whacked out world we live in. How can I feel guilty for grieving? Clearly, I need to work on a few of these things.

My friend started by having me read a portion of scripture (aloud), he said that Jesus was Jewish and they read scripture out loud. The he asked me to journal my thoughts after meditating on the scripture verse. I struggled with this and he now reviews the scripture and then writes encouragement to me. He is a true friend.

So, the soul is being tended. Where this leads us, who knows except this, we are in the right direction, I hope.

No comments: