Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Musing #58

Happy Tuesday everyone

I read the scriptures every morning. I have been reading through the bible this year again and this time it is chronological. It's a very interesting was to read through the bible because it reads more like a story than anything else. It certainly has made the completion of the task easier this year. It's more than just a task to check off at the end of a day though. I believe that the words are alive and God breathed. They then provide me with a life infusion so that I can go about my daily living.

One short verse stood out for me today. Jesus is quoted by Matthew, Mark and Luke as saying "don't let anyone mislead you". The quote is referencing His return and the rise of false messiahs prior to that event. I wonder if those 5 little words mean anything else besides the reference to the second coming.

Are there are people in your life who use you and mislead you? What happens when manipulation occurs? The more I study people and particularly the marriage relationship, I see that spouses can be selfish and will do things for their spouse only to to gain something for themselves. It's more than manipulation, it's self absorbed behaviour. At what point do we hearken back to the days when we were courting, what a great word. Those were the days when we did everything to catch the eye of the person we were smitten with. What will it take to restore the love? Don't be mislead, it doesn't come from self serving behaviour, it comes from self sacrificing behaviour.

I challenge you to go and serve your spouse as if you were dating again. Treat them as they should be treated, love, forgive and accept apologies. Don't be mislead by this selfish and vile generation. Love for the sake of loving and giving, not for the sake of getting.
Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: