Friday, July 1, 2011

The riding has begun

I am a blessed man.

Today is Canada day, I Live in the greatest country in the world. I recently celebrated my 30th wedding anniversary, I also recently celebrated my 25th anniversary at one employer, this past Fathers day was my 24th and to celebrate it, my beloved gave me a bike.

It's a hybrid bike made by a company called specialized. I bought it at "East side sports" in Kitchener and a huge shout out to Kelli and the gang at East Side for their amazing customer service, care and professionalism.

So, as the title says, the riding has begun. I plan on keeping this up and building the number of miles I ride gradually over the next few weeks. Today I rode 8 kms that's about 5 miles for my American friends. This riding business is all part of my drive to being well.

I want to be well and I want to live longer and I can affect that by taking care of what I eat and how much I exercise.

Happy Canada Day, the best country in the world is where I have been blessed to live since 1969 and I love it here.

I'll update you on my riding progress. I ride on mostly flat surfaces, no crazy trails for us. I plan on riding as much as possible with my beloved it's a great opportunity for us to get out, get active and spend time together in the beautiful creation around where we live.

Keep the wheels turning.

No comments: