Sunday, July 3, 2011

Just finished a book, feels like I am missing a good friend

I just finished reading the "dragon tattoo" trilogy for the second time. I read them last summer while recovering from surgery and missed a lot of detail due to the drugs.

This time I got a lot more from them. Yes, they are vile and violent and not books that I would suggest those who have sensible brains read.

Having said that, I was impressed with the writers skill and the explosiveness of the stories. The characters were so well developed and seemed almost real. That's what is bothering me, I feel as though I am missing a friend.

I don't often feel this way after finishing a book, in fact this is the first time that I have encountered these feelings. I may pick them up again in the future and I am planning on seeing the Swedish versions of the films.

Farewell for now, Lisbeth and Kalle.

No comments: