Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Solstice

The longest day based solely on the amount of hours of expected sunshine. It's a good thing it's not cloudy, yet. But what does it all mean? We are already beginning the downward flight to the Winter Solstice, it's six months to Christmas.

Summer has yet to begin and I'm already thinking about the dark dreary days of winter. Pretty sad, but it's a reality. I can almost see time fly. Someone said that time flies when you're having fun, not true. Time flies no matter what, it just seems to move faster through the pleasureable times.

So what? Is there something I can do about it? I don't think so, I just have to grin and bear it and this too shall pass.

I think I have used all the useless adages in one post today.

I think I need a break. A weeks vacation is coming in a week and a half and it's time to refresh and recharge the batteries. I'm feeling worn out, can you tell? that quote from Bilbo in the Lord of the Rings seems to express it best: "I feel like butter spread over too uch bread"

He said he felt "thin" an interesting comment from a hobbit, a class of people who are never thin, unless of course you are Gollum, who wasn't a real hobbit.

Talk about spiderwebbing. I seem to have covered much ground in talking about the summer solstice. Enjoy the sun, apparently it's to rain fornthe next four days.

No comments: