Saturday, July 2, 2011

What do you regret?

I just read an article about regret.

Immediately the words from a song came to my head "regrets, I've had a few but then again too few to mention". No, the song was not written by Frank Sinatra, but rather by a Canadian by the name of Paul Anka

I wonder what he was thinking about when he wrote that song? Did he really only have a few regrets, though too few to mention. Mind you, he did it his way, that's either super confident or selfish or maybe they are not mutually exclusive.

But back to the question: do you regret anything? Have you ever even thought about things and wondered how life might have been if you had done something different. I have a bad habit of thinking about how things might have been different if I had done some things differently.

Regrets, you bet. I look back and see some collateral damage that I have caused over the years. If things were in some way different then maybe I could have or would have acted different. Cryptic? Yes in some ways. How much better a father and husband would I have been? No one can know for sure, but I have more than a few regrets and most days cannot seem to figure out how or what to do now.

I cannot stay at this place, so I have to carry on, regardless of how I feel or remember.

Press on was Sr. Isaac Brocks message and I will do the same.

No comments: