Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some timely changes, it's time to move on

It has been some time again since I have had, made or taken the time to write.

To say that I have been overwhelmed is a gross understatement. I have made some timely decisions that have probably added years to my life. I cannot think of a time in my life when I have felt so oppressed and from so many sides. I have regularly said that I have had too many balls in the air and I am no juggler. So, it is time to let a few drop and to stop trying to do things that I cannot do, at least at the present.

I need to move forward. I often use the phrase in my job that one of my responsibilities is to help people move forward. I need to heed to that for myself. There are numerous issues that have been holding me stuck and in some senses holding me back.

So, in making changes to the blog, I am also making changes in my life. I have decided to return to a job that I loved and left in the anticipation of something new and more exciting. The new job was definitely new and exciting, but given the demands in my life, this is no time to be walking a very steep learning curve, that is more mountain than curve.

I also realized that as much as I miss my friend Ruth, I cannot bring her back. The things that have been added to our lives subsequent to her death have been monumental. No matter what I feel and no matter the depth of my grief, I cannot continue to live in the past. I must lead my family from a position of faith and strength that demonstrates love and respect to them first. In doing so, I will serve my God as He commands.

I have been lax in performing my daily personal devotional activities since Nov.8/10. One change will be to continue to return to those things that will help me grow and presumable become a better person based on the influx of spiritual wisdom that comes from a relationship with the One who loves me more than anyone else.

So, look to this forum for some more regular comments, it's time to move on, I'm getting better.

No comments: