Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Monday and I have a day off and I have a few questions.

In these times where anything related to being Christian is considered unacceptable some of us still have a day off for Easter Monday.

I am sitting in my office at home, light streaming through the blinds, beautiful music playing while the birds about outside and I wonder why?

Why is it that a faith that teaches to "turn the other cheek", to "go the extra mile", that preaches the equality of men and women and so many more positive attributes is denigrated by so many so called wise people?

Why is it that a relationship that teaches us to love our enemies is unacceptable in this society of acceptability. Everything it seems is acceptable, except the faith in one who died for others, not Himself.

Why is it that it a faith that teaches husbands to love their wives to the point of dying for her is put down as being misogynistic?

Why is it that the foolishness of mankind is touted as wisdom?

I wonder, this Easter, is it because of a lack of willingness to bend the knee to someone greater and more powerful that anything ever considered. This someone who loved all of us so much that He came and willingly parted with human life in such a horrible fashion to "prove" His love?

Has this world become so dependent upon itself that it has become blinded to truth?

Why?

Never mind the why, what am I doing about it? I have been given marching orders to go and preach the gospel. Gospel means "good news". I have the good news that someone, a person, God, loves all of us so much more than we can imagine and He wants a relationship with me and each and every one of us. He is even willing to forgive us. Yes we all need forgiveness because each and every one of us has sinned. Yes I said sin! No one is exempted from this affliction and no one is exempted from the remedy for this affliction.

This same Jesus who loves me, loves you and wants that same relationship with you. In the words from a new favourite song of mine,

"He is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane I am a tree bending beneath the weight of His wind of his mercy...............and I realize just how beautiful you are and great your affections are for me"

Happy Easter

No comments: