Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Into the Wild part 2

I can't seem to get this kid (he wasn't really a kid) out of my mind.

I am not sure why, but so many questions are stuck in my mind about him. So much other stuff in my head has had the fuse lit by this story about a dreamer, minimalist, adventurer and misguided young man.

Something about the story doesn't fit for me and I can't seem to figure out which part, or parts. He was intelligent, smart, moral (define that these days) and athletic. It just doesn't appear that he had common sense. I read the 9000 word piece by Krakauer in "Outsider" magazine and intend to read the book by the same author to see what I can discover about this lost dreamer aka Alexander Supertramp, who too late discovered to call things (including himself) by their right name.

I can't figure it out..............

No comments: