Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Into the Wild part 3

Yes it is still hanging on in my brain, partly because it won't leave and partly because I am still trying to figure it out. Now part of the issue is determining what "it" is. Partly because I have downloaded (legally) the album soundtrack of amazing music by Eddie Vedder, haunting especially how he wrote lyrics to match the story so well. I have been "stuck" thinking about Chris McCandless for several days now after watching the film "Into the Wild" on Sept.6/10.

One thing that strikes me about him was his lack of fear. From what I have read and watched over the last two days, there is nothing that showed he was afraid. he disliked things strongly, but I have not gotten the sense that he was afraid. Maybe that's it!

A life lived without fear, at least until the end maybe, but a life without fear, wow!

But at the end one would expect to have no more fear, but the SOS message seemed to show that he was fearful of his ability to survive.

What would a life without fear be like?

I wonder but maybe too afraid to experience a life like that, I wonder..................

No comments: