Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday Musings # 40

Happy Tuesday everyone.

I have been really looking forward to this summer. I have done some different things in order to "sharpen my saw". That term is used by Stephen Covey to express the need for down time to refresh and prepare oneself for more activities. The use of a dull saw explains the need to sharpen it.

After this week I will not work a full week until after September 7/09. It's a different way to use vacation time and since there are several "stats" over the summer it works for me. The changes that I have experienced professionally have been great and extremely busy. I have found that I have a profound need for rest and think that reducing the work week is the best way to do it this summer.

Not much else will change, the blog will continue throughout the summer. I am using a little diversion to achieve a greater accomplishment. It's not the great things that help us, it's the little things that keep us moving forward. In the old testament of the bible, a story is told about a man named Naaman who had leprosy and went to the prophet Elisha for assistance. The prophet told him to bathe 7 times in the Jordan river and he would be healed. After initially refusing because of the ridiculous simplicity of the cure, he went ahead and was cured. In his case the actions required by him to achieve the cure were simple and maybe that's what we all need to do, look for and accomplish the simple solutions to our concerns, not the ones that are more extravagant.

Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: