Friday, June 12, 2009

The big reveal for the week of June 8/09

Good morning music fans, and yes Friday is here and that means one thing in my house, date night. I have no idea what we are doing tonight but I know this, it will be just the two of us, oops there goes another song, I bet it's stuck in your head now, go ahead sing it, "just the two of us, we can make it if we try, just the two of us........"

I received no guesses this week. Not even from the younger crowd, c'mon a song from the '90's even. I guess there weren't enough signs pointing you in the right direction, or did I get you off base with the lousy clues on Monday?

OK here are the answers:

The name of the song and album and alternate name: "Happy Nation" in Europe and "The Sign" in North America
The band name: Ace of Base
The basis for the name: "because they were masters of their studio in a basement of a garage"
Country of origin: Sweden

I couldn't bring myself to placing a version of the song on my blog. I'm just not a fan of their music or anything about them. I'll go back to my favorites next week. Have a wonderful weekend, I am planning on some restful activities, hoeing my little garden and pruning my herb garden, maybe using some of my herbs in my cooking. And speaking of a "happy nation" I ran across this quote about happiness, I truly love this quote:

"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve"

No comments: