Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Musings (#39)

Happy Tuesday everyone

They (whoever they are) say that when it rains it pours. It's been raining a lot since yesterday and last night it was pouring again. I wonder where that saying came from? I often associate the saying with a pile of things happening all at the same time or close to it. Usually it refers to negative things (or things that we call negative) not the positive stuff that we like.

We have been inundated with multiple issues lately as a family. It serves to teach us lessons if we wish to listen and learn. When things happen both good and not so good, it's important to find the lesson in the message that is being transmitted. Currently, I am not sure, however, I do know this, no matter what, we will stick together. We will work together and in spite of the circumstances build each other up and not allow the difficulties to be a wedge of any sort or size.

I look at my circumstances and realize that we still have it pretty good. That was brought home to me this morning as I drove to work. I often see a particular person waiting for a bus at a particular bus stop. She always appears well dressed, not fancy, but certainly not in rags. Sometimes she brushes her hair using the window of the store as a mirror. Unfortunately, today I saw something I didn't expect. I watched as she walked past one of the hotels on my drive and picked up what appeared to be cigarette butts.

My troubles/concerns are nothing like that of someone who chooses to get their cigarettes from the ground outside a hotel in Waterloo. Perspective is an amazing teacher. She doesn't know I exist, I know she does and I have the privilege of driving, not waiting for a bus. I can afford my chosen vices, she chooses to take the half finished works of someone else to attend to her vice.

I guess my concerns are not that great after all. I place my trust in someone who knows all and cares about me more than I understand and He sees me when I pick up the butts in my life to feed my addictions and still loves me.

Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: