Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday musings (#20)

Tuesday is here finally. Yeah I know no wishing time away.

We fly today, aaaawwww I'm going to miss all the hoopla in Washington, Not! 

The word for this year is change. There is much change afoot, particularly in my work world, but I'm thinking of making some changes elsewhere. I am involved in things that have no purpose, no future and from my perspective no impact. The job change has been foisted upon me. I'm not happy with the organizational direction, but after 23 years I really don't want to leave. I believe that I can and will have an impact on the lives of the constituents that I serve in my job. I joke about "golden handcuffs" and there is much to lose if I leave, so that's not likely going to happen. I am 7 th in seniority in my office and 1 st on my team, which means a lot when it comes to vacations etc.

In my personal world, I feel like I have duties (not that there's anything wrong with duty) but I feel like they don't accomplish anything. I am involved in areas of ministry in my church that leave me feeling empty and without use(as opposed to useless). I really need to take some time to think through these things and make some decisions about my future involvement. I want to "work" using my strengths, abilities and even my weaknesses for the betterment of people both in the work world and in my personal world, which are sometimes the same.

One area that I feel like my strengths are being used is in the Memorial Concert for our friend Valerie. Please take a moment to check out the following blog: 

www.onacoldwintersnight.blogspot.com

The mastermind behind this decided that I would be a suitable participant in the memorial concert and I have been asked to sing a number of great songs that deal with loss and restoration. This song, a family favourite for years is also the anthem for my favourite football team (soccer for you NFL/CFL fans) Liverpool. Enjoy.



These "fans" put North American "fans" to shame. Notwithstanding the few crazies that get into fights. 

Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments: