Thursday, November 11, 2010

A new journey begins

If you have read the previous post from this morning you will know that today is the anniversary of my birth. I was (and remain) the 5th child in birth line but not the last of my parents. There are two more who followed me. I am the second male, preceded directly by a brother who suffered much and three sisters whose lives differed greatly from my brothers in ways that remain undefined and unspoken and unclear with many remaining questions which will never be answered.

For many years now I have tried to express my thoughts and other things in a journal. I have tried different formats and books and even online. Then I discovered the practice of blogging thanks to Kevin Presseault. I have truly enjoyed blogging however there are limits to what seems like a limitless method of communication. There are so many comments/thoughts/feelings and even opinions that I would like to state but I am hamstrung by civility and the possibility of a lawsuit that prevents me from putting the thoughts on the blog.

So (and yes I am now finally getting to the point), I have decided to return to the world of journalling effective immediately. I asked for a journal for my birthday and received a beautiful book this morning. Do not fear or fret, the blog will continue. I need a lighthearted way to get some things out and there still resides the possibility that the obscure musical lyric (OML) will return. On another note(pun intended), the OML will be taking a new form soon. For those of you who read this at my place of employment, the company newspaper ATB will start publishing a version of the OML probably in the new year.

Funny, I am listening as I write. the song "Time Was" is on the playlist currently with the opening line of "I've got to rearrange my life, I've got to rearrange my world". I guess that starting to journal will help me to rearrange my world and place the important things first.  

It may be difficult to define what goes where at first, but I anticipate that in time life will find a way of sorting itself out.

Peach and Shalom to you all

No comments: