Saturday, November 13, 2010

Let the journalling begin

I received a beautiful journal for my birthday. I found that it was too heavy and when opened it there were no lines on the pages. I need lines to keep myself "in line". Yes a bad pun, but the truth hurts sometimes.

So, we returned the one I received and substituted it for a smaller one with lines. It also has refills, so when this one is finished, I can simply take it out of the book and file it for safe keeping, start a new one and go from there.

Once again, I have to determine where the journal begins or ends and the blog begins or ends. Maybe they will overlap, maybe they won't, who knows?

Wish me well as I start a new phase of writing. Speaking of writing, I am thinking of taking some writing classes. Maybe this is one of those dreams that percolate until they over flow into something with a life of its' own. It has been a thought of mine for some time. I have a subject and a theme (it's a secret). I need to research some more and then put pen to paper.

I will be writing long hand. I just purchased a fountain pen (wouldn't you just love to have a Mont Blanc?) except it had a flaw and they didn't have another. So they (the writing store) are in the process of ordering a new one for me (it's not a Mont Blanc either). Maybe the journal will become the basis for the subject.

Check out the progress here. I am unsure what handle I will give to it, but it will be easily identifiable, I hope.

No comments: