Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas is coming

I am not on Facebook by choice.

I have enough electronic stuff to try to use without trying to use one to get friends. However, my beloved called me into the office a few hours ago to ask me to watch something that she had just received on Facebook.

I was blown away, I was in tears, I was awestruck. Just once I would love to be surprised by this even if it was in a mall. One thing, besides the quality of the musicians that struck me was the people who although not performing, stood. They stood in honour of the one who was being sung about and sung to.

How inspiring.




May you use this and other methods to prepare for Christmas. Some of you, just like my family will "celebrate" this Christmas with the absence of a loved one. This will undoubtedly be difficult, but focus on the reason for the season. We celebrate Christmas because death no longer has a sting, because the  grave has lost its' victory. 

We celebrate because of the birth of a babe in Bethlehem. His 33 years mean more than the sum of all time, because "He shall reign for ever and ever.............Hallelujah" 

Thank you Mr. Handel, thank you choir and thank you Jesus.

No comments: