Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers day 2010

It's been quite some time since I lost my mother. I think 17 or 18 years have passed. It's funny, I still miss her deeply. There are substitutes and they are pretty amazing women, my mother in law for one and Ruth U. the other. These are two of the women that I look up to for the walk of faith that they have lead over many years.

But, mothers day still hurts because of the things I wish I could talk to my Mom about. I want to tell her about the latest exploits of her grandchildren because she would be so proud. She might not understand their choices, but she would bask in the knowledge that her grandchildren were serving others and that meant a lot to her. I remember her giving a glass of cold water on warm days in Dublin and the "Christmas boxes" she gave on boxing day to the service people who delivered milk and bread and others too.

She would be so proud to see my daughter going to a third world country to help those who have just more than nothing and would be blessed to see my son's latest triumph in the musical challenges he has taken on. But, she is not here and it is left for us to encourage our kids and bless them for their selfless behaviours.

So Happy Mother's day Mom. I miss you and do on a daily basis. We are all fine down here and Jo-Anne and the kids miss you too. There are so many things that would make you smile and there are some that would make you sad, I know that because I not only have your eyes but I also have your heart too.

So when I look in the rear view mirror of the car and see only my eyes, I see yours and I think what would it be like if you saw us today.

No comments: