Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It could be worse

Ah perspective, what a wonderful word and approach.

As I was travelling today, I heard someone speaking(John Ortberg) and he was speaking about "it could be worse". It really hit me, perspective usually does. I thought about my anger, embarrassment and sadness about the rejection of my daughter and realized that there could be so much more worse than this. And there is so much more that is worse in this world, thankfully it does not affect me personally.

So, with perspective comes forgiveness and release.

I released my family members to Him who knows better. There is so much freedom in that. My daughter is living her life with abandon at school. Meeting new people and travelling to places I may never see. That she will not likely meet members of my family, no longer offends and hurts me. You see, they have lost the chance to meet an amazing young woman who in her short life has lived more than they have, who has given to others less fortunate much more than they have ever considered.

It could be worse and I am glad it is not.

Forgiveness...................mark that one off the list of things to do.

No comments: