Wednesday, January 27, 2010

When is too much too much

For the last 21 months I have been walking a difficult road with some friends. They suffered an unprecedented loss and have been hanging on to God incredibly since then. As each day passes more weight is placed on their shoulders, never mind the daily responsibilities that they were thrust into. We and others have done as much as we can to lighten the load, but when we have all retreated to our own homes, they are left with the devastation. To add more to their existence, another issue has intruded into their lives.

At times like these I am left asking why. I am honest enough to say I have said to God why them? Why us collectively? Why can't they get a break given their experience for the last 21 months? And yet I know that nothing surprises God. He knew about these things before they occurred. Did He cause them? I don't believe that He did. Did He allow them? Yes! But why did He allow them to happen? What cosmic game plan is in place that prevents us from seeing anything but our single game piece? How can the depth of pain and loss be used to accomplish anything of a positive nature? And God answered me. It wasn't audible, but I heard Him in His word.

He said, do you trust me? I do! He said I spoke this world into existence do you trust me? I said I do! He said I love you, do you believe me? I said I do! He said will you let me be God? I said yes! I trust and believe that He knows best and He knows when too much is too much.

No comments: