Thursday, January 7, 2010

committee in my head

Yes, that's what this post is about. there's a committee in my head. I heard that phrase today and it makes total sense, except no one is chairing the committee and sometimes no one is listening.

You see, I can finally say it: "I hear voices". Fortunately for you and I they are not the nasty "son of sam" voices, but they are voices no matter where they are from. Some of you really thought you knew me and this may be too much of a revelation but I think I am on to something with this one. I believe that if you were honest then you too would say that you hear the voices too.

I hear them from so many places and faces. I see and hear things that have occurred over the last 52+ years. Some are terribly sad, some just downright wrong and some kind of weird thankfully some are happy and pleasant. It seems that I have worked very hard to compartmentalize my thoughts and memories and the voices are starting to push through and out of the compartments and I hear them.

No, I am not going crazy. We all have this going on, it's just that some of us are finally being honest in recognizing and believing what we hear. The sounds of silence no more. Come back soon as I am planning on unpacking what this all means.

No comments: