Friday, January 1, 2010

01 - 01 - 2010

Happy New Year
I am amazed that another year is gone and a new one has just begun. Looking back over the last year we have been through a lot again and have been supported by family, friends and most importantly by the Lord. His gracious care has been the steadying rudder in the storm that was 2009. The adversity that we experienced has been tempered by the knowledge that this world is not our home and no matter what happens on this plane, where we are heading is so much better than here.
A little downer to start the year was not the intent of this post, so I have much more to say about the past and hopes for the future. I made a few commitments to myself at the start of 2009, not sure what I completed, but am sure of this I finally read through the entire bible. The attempt for 2009 was to read it chronologically and I accomplished it. I learned so much by reading it this way, at times it felt much more like a story, rather than a series of unrelated verses. I intend to do the same this year, just not sure I will read it chronologically or another way (I guess that's resolution # 1 for 2010). I finished the year lighter that I started and that trend will hopefully continue over this year (I guess that's resolution # 2). I want to invest more in the people I love this year: my beloved and children come first, then the "family" (granny, poppa Tasha and KJ) as well as other friends like our small group and others at church as well as Mrs. C. and the Mechanic (two of the most true and loyal friends a person could dream to have and I'm not just writing this because she reads my blog). Then there are the folk I work with, especially the Ref. My goal this year is to be real to everyone I meet and to be intentional in living my life to love people as God would want me to love them, without reservation(I guess that makes those resolution # 3). I will blog more but with less predetermined headings. You will see more of my heart in the things I say, some of which will hopefully challenge me and you (I guess that's resolution # 4 and that's about enough for one person).
Have a great year, live and love intentionally with a purpose. You will be moved if you live and give without expecting anything in return. Don't practice random acts of kindness, be kind no matter what and don't just love your friends, do good to those who hurt you, you will disarm their anger and hatred and who knows maybe, just maybe you and they will be changed.
Happy New Year

No comments: