Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Musings (#22)

Good morning and Happy Tuesday.

I have so much floating around in my head, I'm not sure which item to try and tackle this morning. I heard an amazing message on Good and Evil on Sunday that continues to reverberate through my head, I sang at a memorial concert on Saturday evening and had so much fun and sang with amazing singers and instrumentalists (all of which should be heretofore referred to as musicians). I have multiple personal frustrations lined up to be dealt with and I'm still in training(which has multiple personal frustrations of it's own).

It's none of that this week, Valentines day is coming soon, in four days to be exact. I have been heard to exclaim: "why is it just the men who are expected to do something on Valentines day?" It's really just a joke, because my beloved always does something to make me feel special on Valentines and other days too.

I tried to remind about 80 men at a breakfast (that's another idea for a Tuesday Musing, more on that later) on Saturday morning about Valentines day and I hope they remember. It's a day to remind the one that we treasure most on this earth that we would die for them, that we would give ourselves up for them, some would say that we would take a bullet for them(you get the idea right?).

It's high time that we (I'm speaking to men at this time, but the reverse can be true also) look at our wives as the treasure that they are. They have walked beside us for many years and put up with our stuff (insert your own examples) and they still love us. Why? I believe that the capacity to love and be loved is so inherent in the spirit of my beloved that she cannot do anything but love me. In spite of my many faults, she loves me. Just writing those words embarrasses me as I know there are many more ways that I can and should show love to her.

Valentines is coming, I won't decry it as being over commercialized, I'll look to it as an opportunity to demonstrate my love for my beloved. I'll tell her, I'll show her and I'll be with her and we will do whatever our hearts want to do. Looking at Valentines day, I am excited for the things that I can do to demonstrate my love to the person who said "I do" almost 28 years ago. I will repeat the refrain to the song I wrote for her a few years ago: "I am yours always in Love"

Happy Tuesday Everyone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some moving thoughts about your Valentine! Danita and I enjoyed a quiet evening alone - a steak done on the BBQ, a glass of wine and thou. I am thinking of redoing my wedding vows to "I do, I will and yes dear!"
Happy Army Day in advance!