Friday, February 6, 2009

The big reveal for the week of Feb 2, 2009

Good afternoon music fans and welcome to Friday afternoon. Sorry this is so late in being posted I have been in training for most of the week for me new job. I'll post about that when I have more time, not sure how much I will say, however, there will certainly be a reference to Koolaid at some point.
"and now for something completely different"

The results for this weeks trivia are as follows:

The name of the song: While my guitar gently weeps.
The writer of the song: George Harrison.
Who played lead guitar on the original recording: Eric Clapton.
The Canadian who covered it: Jeff Healey.
Who sang BGV's on the Canadian recording: George Harrison and others.

Steve B. got almost all the answers, he even got the one I forgot to ask. I guess I owe you a coffee or something. Here is a nice version of Harrison playing the song from a concert that also included Ringo, Jeff Lynne, Phil Collins and Eric Clapton (playing a Les Paul?).



Have a great weekend. If you have the time come to Elmira to visit with me and some of my friends as we remember a friend who passed away April 3, 2008.

For more info go to http://www.onacoldwintersnight.blogspot.com/

Music even in the most awful places must not offend the ear, but give pleasure, that is music must always remain music.

No comments: