Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday Musings (#21)

Good Tuesday morning and the snow is back, the rodent saw it's shadow and winter will last another 6 weeks. When I think about it, 6 weeks isn't really that long, is it? So, enough of the whining, I'm going to enjoy the last grasp of winter, it'll be Valentines soon and that's always a special time, then family day(a new holiday), soon enough it will be March and that brings St. Patrick's day and then before I know it April will be here along with my wedding anniversary.

April also brings the anniversary of the death of a friend. Next Saturday night, Feb.7/09 would have been her birthday. To celebrate her life and to hold a memorial concert to serve others, a friend has chosen 25 songs to sing and play and I have the privilege to sing a few solos and some in an ensemble. Check it out at:

This promises to be quite an eclectic evening, with songs from all areas of interest (no country I think), some very different, daring and interesting choices. These songs are sure to please, encourage and move us from the anger of loss to the peace that passes all understanding.

Please come and help us remember our friend and support some worthwhile services that assist those troubled by violence in the home. If you need any further info about this event, please e-mail or call me.

Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: