Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Musings # 59

Happy Tuesday everyone

I have remained cloistered from between my bathroom, bedroom and office for the past few days. You see, I have the flu, don't know which one, but I have all the symptoms and am now taking the requisite medications(and a few more) to try to quell this storm that is brewing in my lungs. I have all the things I need, my bible, paper to write on, lots of fluids, rest, computer, TV and even more time than I usually get with my beloved during the day, but besides being sick I am missing something.

I guess that's what I am musing about. I miss my freedom. My ability to get up and go. o set my schedule and accomplish it. When on a sick bed, I feel like something else has control of my agenda and more so my life. And you know what? I don't like it. I hate being sick and having already weakened lungs makes the spectre of this thing even more scary. I also miss just being out there doing what I do well and what I love, my job.

Makes me think about those who are infirm on a regular basis. Those confined to world of constant cloister of illness and those who are behind bars. What is it like to lose all freedoms, to have no choice as to when to rise or when to rest, what about those who are so ill that they're concerns remain at the beck and call of someone else? On another plane, there are the days of silence that I choose to take usually on a quarterly basis. But they too are different because I have a choice to attend and be silent, these days are not by choice ever.

What does this all mean in the big picture? Did this happen to teach me something? If so, what shall I learn from these two days (or more if I am not well)? I have taken time to rest, to drink, to study and prepare for lessons to be given, but not much time has been invested into what I can learn from this shelving. I wonder what there is? Oh well, time for more rest.

Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: