Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I've been asked to preach

Now this one's a first.

I have been accused by my children of preaching, but now church has asked me to come and "preach". Somehow they know that the love and the state of the family has become a heavy burden for my beloved and I and based on that have asked me to come and speak on Valentines day 2010.

I already know what I want to say and I know what I want to communicate, but, I have no idea as to how to formulate my thoughts. I know that there are sermons that have points and that some speakers will speak to the points but I just want to share my passion for love, the family and how that passion and love can change the world.

One key point will be that it is ok for my spouse to have a need that I don't have and that I have a responsibility to try to meet that need as directed by scripture. I want to make sure that based on scripture we (male and female) are created differently, but not wrong. Hmm, looks like the start of a message. Most of the material I will use will be from "Love and Respect" by Eggerichs.

Should be fun. Will keep this blog apprised of my progress.

No comments: