Monday, July 28, 2008

And away we go

Been thinking about doing this for some time. I am in the process of recovering from yet another surgery, this time to rebuild my back. I have experienced numerous setbacks on this journey already and decided that this might be a good way to manage some of my frustrations.

This blog will eventually take the place of my "obscure musical trivia" contest that I have been running for the better part of this year with a group of friends and colleagues, via e-mail. It's not really a contest, but rather a chance to play with music, one of my great loves.

I may also discuss my culinary attempts and successes as well as my spiritual journey.

I am attempting to read through the bible in a year and so far I have been mostly faithful in my attempts to keep up with the reading. The greatest thing that I have learned from my reading is obedience.

Now obedience is not something that is heard of these days unless we are talking about animals. It seems to be much easier for us humans to disobey than it is to obey. The word itself seesm so difficult to say. It's easier to go against the rules than to walk with the rules, I'm not sure what that is all about, but I am sure that I'm trying to obey while still colouring outside the lines at least once in a while.

No comments: