Monday, July 4, 2011

Summertime and the livin's easy

That's an amazing song from an old musical entitled Porgy and Bess, made famous by the great Ella Fitzgerald and equally famous by Jani Joplin. Sadly, this post is not about the song, but happily about the feeling.

I am on holidays and the livin is easy. No, the fish are not jumping, but I am certainly chilling. This is what summer holidays is supposed to be about. It's quiet in the house, the only sounds are those of my fingers tapping on the unreal keyboard and the faraway voices of neighbors, intertwined with the sounds of cars moving slowly down the street.

Today will be filled with some reading, I have a new "old friend" by the name of Bilbo Baggins to keep me company and "The Hobbit" will be my reading partner for the rest of this week. I will also be venturing out to do more riding hoping to get to Burlington or NOTL for the wine trail.

I finally feel like I'm on holidays, it has taken three days to get to this place and I am enjoying it. Now there are still 7 days left to fill with enjoyable tasks, summertime and the livin's easy, preach it Gershwin.

No comments: