Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm the other woman

No, I am not considering reassignment surgery.

Sadly, I saw that on a bumper sticker recently.

What has happened in the world of right and wrong. I realize that it has always been there, the line between right and wrong, but it has become more and more blurry.

Why would someone trumpet themselves as being the person who broke up a family, who committed adultery(isn't that wrong anymore?) and potentially devastated a family and children?

Yeah I remember "Me and Mrs Jones" and numerous other songs that talked about things like "if loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right".

I am not a prude and I am neither foolish enough to think that these things are new. I do believe in a right and a wrong and I do believe that there is a standard and that all are called to live according to this standard.

If we choose not to we will be called to account, never mind the future accountability though we should be concerned with the collateral damage that occurs in the lives of loved ones and especially children.

No comments: